Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by srinivas reddy <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/05 18:37:31 UTC

different transport for respMsg

Hi,
I am trying to use asynchronous message pattern.
Specifically in-out WSDL pattern. I used document
style along with invokeOneWay method in
javax.xml.rpc.Call. Request portion of interaction
worked fine. Control is returned to client as soon as
method on server side is invoked. I have a couple of
questions regarding response half.

1. Even though invoked method is returning void, AXIS
   is trying to send a response back to the client
   which is resulting in exception,
   java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe. I guess
   client closed socket as its a one way call. Is,
   server trying to send response back, a bug or am I
   missing something?
2. If I want the response to be sent using a different
   transport, say JMS, how should I do it? I saw wsdd
   reference and transports are not on per message
   basis.

I appreciate if anybody can help me.

tia,
Srinivas

=====
I am not afraid of losing. But I don't like it.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: different transport for respMsg

Posted by srinivas reddy <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Looks like this is an irrelevant question since AXIS
only implements synchronus request-response paradigm.
But I have another question.
I tested my client with invokeOneWay method and the
service's code is

public class msr implements OneWay
{
    public void register(String str)
    {
        System.out.println("i am called");
        try
        {
            Thread.sleep(1000 * 60 * 3);

            System.out.println("hey");
        }
        catch(Exception e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

Since AXIS hasn't yet implemented invokeOneWay
completely, control should be returned to client after
serice waits for 3 minutes. But control is returned
immediately and the message "hey" is logged in
catalina.out after 3 minutes. Why is this happening?

tia,
Srinivas

=====