Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jane Parmer <jj...@msn.com> on 2014/03/03 16:47:16 UTC

newest version download deleted my files

I downloaded the 4.0 as it was offered and it deleted all my files from my 3.4 open office org. those are important documents and I cant believe it did this. how do I get them back? I tried repairing the download but nothing is working..........help,,,,,,,

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: newest version download deleted my files

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 17:17:36 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:58:23 -0600
> Jane Parmer <jj...@msn.com> wrote:
>
> > i keep getting this error when i try to access my document:   documents.library-ms is no longer working. when i used the path you suggested below the files i have accessed last week are not showing in there. i have several files that i use on a weekly basis and they are not there. why would this have happened. how can i get them back?
>
> All I can suggest is that you use the computer's search facility to search for the name (or partial name) of one of the files.
>
> A quick search threw up this thread which offered a fix
> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/documentslibrary-ms-is-no-longer-working/0845e8c3-4097-47e8-887a-ae875aa7c4b6
>
> I don't use Windows 7, so know nothing about this.

Also this
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/26856-library-ms-no-longer-working-fix-windows-7-8-a.html

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: newest version download deleted my files

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: newest version download deleted my files

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.