Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Emilio Daniel González <em...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/16 22:18:35 UTC

requestNavigateTo - owner

Hi Chris, ¿how are you?, I've read about this new feature:

*in the opensocial 0.8 spec requestNavigateTo got a new parameter: Owner.
I'm not sure if this is in the features js yet, but we do need to support it
server side too (both in the old and new social interfaces)*

So, I would like to implement it but I don't know where start.  I was
looking into the Java code and I can't find anything, could you give me any
idea?.

Thanks a lot!

Emilio

PD: how are you going with the test cases patch?

PD2: sorry about my bad English.

Re: requestNavigateTo - owner

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
that ... should've been obvious to me :)

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Emilio Daniel González <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
The thread where this was decided:
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thread/thread/718488b0ea390e73#

* @param {gadgets.views.View} view The view to navigate to
* @param {Map.&lt;String, String&gt;} opt_params Parameters to pass to
the
* gadget after it has been navigated to on the surface
* @param {String} opt_ownerId The id of the owner of the page to
navigate to.
* Defaults to the current owner.
*/
gadgets.views.requestNavigateTo = function(view, opt_params,
opt_ownerId) {};

I don't know if the Java code supports it already, nor do i even know
if the javascript layer does tbh!

Cassie (& others) do you know anything about this?

If the support isn't in yet, it needs to be added to the
requestNavigateTo function (as described above), and add it as a
owner=<foo> field if specified, and in the php code read out that
value, and passing it to the data services.

	-- Chris

(php)Unit testing

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
Don't ask ... it gave me exactly the same errors as before with the
new patch ... So i want to take a bit more time to hunt down -why-
it's doing that but time is one thing i'm a bit short on at the moment
so I'll get back to you on that :)

If others have an opportunity to test the patches in the meantime and
let me know if they work for them or not, that would be much
appreciated & would help a lot. Patches are the most recent 2 at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-295