Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by simon <si...@chello.at> on 2008/01/09 19:16:05 UTC

Re: svn commit: r610323 - in /myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/renderkit/html/util: DefaultAddResource.java MyFacesResourceLoader.java ResourceLoader.java

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 10:56 +0100, Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Hi Simon!
> >      public void serveResource(ServletContext context, HttpServletRequest request,
> > -            HttpServletResponse response, String resourceUri) throws IOException;
> > +            HttpServletResponse response, String resourceUri)
> > +    throws IOException, ClosedSocketException;
> >

> I am not sure if this is binary compatible. In any case, it would be
> safe to make CSE extend IOException (which in fact it is, no?) which
> will avoid the need to extend the interface.
> You still can catch that one, just ensure the ordering in the catch
> clause - but you know :-)

Thanks Mario, you re quite right. I've now updated the code to be
binary-compatible.

[I hope all of you out there appreciate that we are developing "in the
open", even though Mario and I sit about 1 metre apart :-]

Thanks,
Simon

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
sometimes I follow your mails, even I am really not interested in the content.
sometimes they are fun (knowing the physical facts ;-) )

-M

On Jan 9, 2008 11:10 PM, Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We definitely appreciate this - this is what _The_ Apache Software
> Foundation is about ;)
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>

> On Jan 9, 2008 7:16 PM, simon < simon.kitching@chello.at> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 10:56 +0100, Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> > > Hi Simon!
> HttpServletRequest request,
> IOException;
> > > >

> > > I am not sure if this is binary compatible. In any case, it would be
> > > safe to make CSE extend IOException (which in fact it is, no?) which
> > > will avoid the need to extend the interface.
> > > You still can catch that one, just ensure the ordering in the catch
> > > clause - but you know :-)
> >
> > Thanks Mario, you re quite right. I've now updated the code to be
> > binary-compatible.
> >
> > [I hope all of you out there appreciate that we are developing "in the
> > open", even though Mario and I sit about 1 metre apart :-]
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Simon
> >

> --
>
> http://www.irian.at