Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Eric Pai <er...@hotmail.com> on 2023/02/24 02:31:42 UTC

答复: Request for translated names for group by clauses

Hi,

1.     差值分段

2.     条件分段

3.     会话分段

I think the best choices are the direct translations. BTW, why we choose the word 'series' in GROUP BY SERIES clause? It's more likely an aggregation crossing different timeseries, like GROUP BY LEVEL and GROUP BY TAG.

发件人: ycy wi <yc...@gmail.com>
日期: 星期四, 2023年2月23日 18:04
收件人: dev@iotdb.apache.org <de...@iotdb.apache.org>
主题: Request for translated names for group by clauses

Hi, everyone!

We are supporting more 'group by' clauses in aggregation query for IoTDB which refers to some implements with new functions. So we want to ask for the advice of translated name in Chinese for these new features according to the functions and SQL of them.

1. Group By Variation

Group-By-Variation wil set the first point in group as base point, then if the difference between a new point and base point is small than or equal to delta, this point will be put in the same group. (P.S. delta is the value users set and the difference is calculated by the expression users give). It can be described by the following picture:
[cid:ii_legxltnb3]
Some alternative translation in Chinese:

  *   事件分段
  *   差值分段
  *   Any suggestions
2. Group By Series
Group-By-Series supports grouping the data points by the condition expression users give (the return type of condition expression needs to be boolean). The continuous data points which satisfy the condition expression will be put in the same group, the data points don't satisfy the condition will be skipped and won't be calculated by aggregation operator.
Some alternative translation in Chinese:

  *   条件分段
  *   Any suggestions
 3. Group By Session
Group-By-Session will compute the difference between the value of time in continuous data points. A timeInterval is set by users to indicate the max gap of time in one group between continuous data points. It can be described in the following:
[cid:ii_legvj27g1]
The alternative translation in Chinese:

  *   会话分段
  *   时间差值分段
  *   Any suggestions

You can see more details and examples in https://iotdb.apache.org/UserGuide/Master/Query-Data/Group-By.html<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fiotdb.apache.org%2FUserGuide%2FMaster%2FQuery-Data%2FGroup-By.html&data=05%7C01%7C%7C7787a2489d0344286beb08db15855ebd%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638127434791287241%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=NtoQ7ek7p7HXonZ837OkdW%2BajBAxL%2FnflUNYCCjQF8k%3D&reserved=0>.

Reply 1,2,3 to represent each groupByClause and add your advice, if you suggest "事件分段" for Group-By-Variation, you can reply
1:  "事件分段"

Re: Request for translated names for group by clauses

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

+1  for
1. 差值分段
2. 条件分段
3. 会话分段

The group by series indeed confusing, we could use "group by filter"
or "group by condition".

Thanks,
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC