Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk> on 2009/04/24 15:09:26 UTC

Fix for TAP5-624, Support for javascript callbacks on zone update

Having just updated our app to use T5.1.0.4, I checked out the changes made for TAP5-624 to support javascript callbacks on a zone update. I'm a bit surprised at the solution for this which is to fire a client side event. I thought that it would have used the JSON object returned for partial page renders which already has a script: element, allowing addScript() or something similar to be used.

Is there a reason that this isn't possible or isn't a good idea? It seemed an obvious thing to me since the facility is already there but just needs exposing to users.

RE: Fix for TAP5-624, Support for javascript callbacks on zone update

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.
Anyone have an opinion on this? (just wondering if it got lost among the Tapestry is beautiful discussion... ;-)

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
I agree. The most common use case where i've missed this feature is
for handling different results that can come from some server side
execution.
With the current fix i would have to parse the returned JSON on the
client side and code all logic there.

If addScript() support was added to XHR requests i could implement
this logic on the page class where it makes sense.