Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Karan ." <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/30 14:02:29 UTC

Use different video device '-vga std' instead of '-vga cirrus' for KVM guest VMs

Hi All

I am on CLOUDSTACK 4.1.1.
If i ask my question in terms of qemu ,how can I use '-vga std' video
device for my guest VMs.
Or in terms of libvirt, how can I use   vga video device for all Domains.
<video>
     <model type='vga'/>
</video>

Does cloudstack provides any way for changing these machine
properties. Currently all VMs are provided with 'cirrus',however I
have seen 'std' giving better display for guest VMs.

Regards
Karan Pugla

RE: Use different video device '-vga std' instead of '-vga cirrus' for KVM guest VMs

Posted by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com>.
Karan,
      We were trying to change the VRAM settings for our VMs and found this was not supported, so I think the video device falls in the same boat.  You could try filing an improvement on the project JIRA to see if anyone would pick it up.  <https://issues.apache.org/jira>
Thanks,     David Ortiz