Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ian Sykes <ia...@site-intelligence.co.uk> on 2004/11/30 14:08:54 UTC

Unable to debug into Tapestry source using Eclipse

When I step into Tapestry's source, Eclipse will bring up the appropriate
Tapestry source file but won't automatically highlight the current program
statement. (However, it will navigate to the correct line within Tapestry's
source if I then double-click the corresponding line in the method call
stack.)
Does anybody have any insights into how to have Eclipse's debugging features
integrate fully with Tapestry's source? Will I be able to have Eclipse
honour breakpoints that I set in the Tapestry source code?
I am using:
	Eclipse 3.0.0
	Tapestry 3.0.1
	Spindle (Tapestry plug-in for Eclipse)
	Sysdeo (Tomcat plug-in for Eclipse)

Eclipse shows the Java Build Path for my project to have libraries that
include C:\Program
Files\eclipse\plugins\com.iw.spindle.core_0.1.14\tapestry-3.0.1.jar, the
source code attachment for which is shown as C:\Program
Files\eclipse\plugins\com.iw.spindle.core_0.1.14\libsrc\tapestry-src.jar

Thanks in advance,
Ian Sykes

Re: Unable to debug into Tapestry source using Eclipse

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
I assume that you are using the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin. Just to make it
clear ;-) this is a Tomcat plugin issue and not a Spindle issue.

Geoff