Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Albrecht Marcus <Ma...@sycor.de> on 2002/07/18 17:16:04 UTC

redirect directory

Hi everybody,

i have a problem with the "internal" redirection of apache.

My configuration is a virtual host with name www1.* as ServerName and www.*
as ServerAlias.

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
    ServerName www1.domain.de
    ServerAlias www.domain.de
 [...snip...]
    Options None
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</VirtualHost>

Now i have a sub directory named "test" with a normal index.html file.
If i request "www.domain.de/test" i get redirected to "www1.domain.de/test/"
.
A request to "www.domain.de/test/" gets me the right page without
redirecting.

So the server cant't find a file called test and internal redirects to the
server name with "test/" to enter this directory?

It's no availability problem because i get to this page but i don't want to
reveal that www1 name to the public.
I know that i could just switch name and alias and the problem would
dissapear but maybee i want the config as it is because we use mod_backhand
for loadbalancing and don't want that to get screwed up.

Is there someone out there who has deeper knowledge at this issue or how
apache works in such cases?

Thanks and cu

Marcus Albrecht
_____________________________

Marcus Albrecht
OC-SYS

SYCOR AG
Heinrich-von-Stephan-Straße 1-5
D - 37073 Göttingen

Telefon	+49 (0) 551 / 490 - 0
Telefax	+49 (0) 551 / 490 - 2000

mailto:marcus.albrecht@sycor.de
http://www.sycor.de
sycor powers web
http://www.funama.de
http://www.marktplatzeichsfeld.de

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich und kann darüber hinaus persönliche Inhalte
haben. Bitte löschen Sie die E-Mail und benachrichtigen Sie uns sofort, wenn
Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sind. Die SYCOR AG willigt in
keine Verträge oder vertragliche Verpflichtungen ein oder übermittelt
rechtsverbindliche Angebote, die in Form von E-Mail versandt werden, sofern
dies nicht ausdrücklich in schriftlicher Form zwischen den Parteien
vereinbart wurde.
This e-mail is confidential and may contain personal and/or priviledged
material. Please delete this e-mail and inform us immediately in case you
are not the directed recipient. SYCOR AG does not agree with contracts or
contract obligations. Neither do we transmit legally binding offers by
e-mail unless this has been expressly agreed upon between the parties and
documented in written form.

Re: redirect directory

Posted by Jack Nerad <jn...@cimedia.com>.
Albrecht Marcus wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i have a problem with the "internal" redirection of apache.
>
> My configuration is a virtual host with name www1.* as ServerName and www.*
> as ServerAlias.
>
> <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
>     ServerName www1.domain.de
>     ServerAlias www.domain.de
>  [...snip...]
>     Options None
>     DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Now i have a sub directory named "test" with a normal index.html file.
> If i request "www.domain.de/test" i get redirected to "www1.domain.de/test/"
> .
> A request to "www.domain.de/test/" gets me the right page without
> redirecting.
>
> So the server cant't find a file called test and internal redirects to the
> server name with "test/" to enter this directory?
>
> It's no availability problem because i get to this page but i don't want to
> reveal that www1 name to the public.
> I know that i could just switch name and alias and the problem would
> dissapear but maybee i want the config as it is because we use mod_backhand
> for loadbalancing and don't want that to get screwed up.
>
> Is there someone out there who has deeper knowledge at this issue or how
> apache works in such cases?
>

> Thanks and cu

Check out the UseCanonicalName directive

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#usecanonicalname

It may do what you are looking for.

--
Jack Nerad