Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Shifman <ma...@yale.edu> on 2011/07/20 16:42:46 UTC

problem upgrading to Apache Commons Lang 3.0 and Tomcat.7 (

This morning I upgraded my webapp to Apache Commons Lang 3.0. When I redeployed
the webapp I got

Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.lang.UnhandledException
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1676)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)

My question is where is the "best" place to put old Lang 2.5 jar? Is there a problem putting it
in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib? or should I just put it in the WEB-INF/lib for the application?

Thanks in advance.

mas

Re: problem upgrading to Apache Commons Lang 3.0 and Tomcat.7 (

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> My question is where is the "best" place to put old Lang 2.5 jar? Is there a problem putting it
> in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib? or should I just put it in the WEB-INF/lib for the application?

1. It should go into WEB-INF/lib. Tomcat does not provide this library
nor uses it by itself.

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.lang.UnhandledException

2. Lang 3.0 has different package name. s/lang/lang3/

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko