Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jac jac <fo...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2005/01/11 03:51:02 UTC

Please help - installation problem

Hi all,

This is jac here, and I am currently in urgent need to install Lucene on a unix machine. However, I am not sure where to set the paths coz I am unfamiliar with Unix & am a newbie to Java as well.

I have installed Lucene on the Windows version and it works but I cant understand why unix can't..

The following paths are what I have entered:
Can someone please check for me?

-  PATH=.:$PATH:$ANT_HOME/bin
- TOMCAT_HOME=/home/jac/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4
- ANT_HOME=/home/jac/apache-ant-1.6.2
- CLASSPATH=$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/luc/WEB-INF/lib/lucene-1.4.3.jar:
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/luc/WEB-INF/lib/lucene-demos-1.4.3

Can I also know if tomcat version 3.2.4 is sufficient for Lucene to run?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
jac

 Yahoo! Mobile
- Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!

RE: Please help - installation problem

Posted by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in>.
Hi

   I think u need to add One more piece of code at the end of

   Path setting

   JAVA _HOME = /home/JDK..

   and finally

   export TOMCAT_HOME CLASSPATH ANT_HOME PATH

   Once u have done this Type echo $CLASSPATH to check if the jar files are
avaliable for compilation / Interpretation

 >>an I also know if tomcat version 3.2.4 is sufficient for Lucene to run?

  Any Relavent Tomcat that works with Jdk1.4.2 is suffucient for Lucene to
Execute...

with regards
Karthik