Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Sebastian J. Schultheiss" <se...@umich.edu> on 2006/05/10 23:53:23 UTC

[Axis2 1.0] Data binding Error after WSDL2Java code generation

Hi there!

We've used the attached WSDL to create a service & client by means of
the WSDL2Java tool (xmlbeans databinding). After implementing the
simplest of business logics in the server, we deployed the service .aar
in the axis2 install inside a tomcat server. According to the status
page, the service is running error free.

The client was also created by WSDL2Java, where we wrote a simple main()
class to test the client. We've pasted it below.

    try {
      PredictLocalizationRequestDocument pdoc =
PredictLocalizationRequestDocument.Factory.newInstance();
      pdoc.addNewPredictLocalizationRequest();
      pdoc.getPredictLocalizationRequest().setSequence("ASDF");
      pdoc.getPredictLocalizationRequest().setOrganism("ANIMAL");
      TextLocServiceStub sender = new
TextLocServiceStub("http://localhost/axis2/services/TextLocService");
      PredictLocalizationResponseDocument res =
		sender.predictLocalization(pdoc);
      System.out.println(res.toString());
    } catch (Exception e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
}

The client now runs up until the document is being sent, where it throws
an Exception. The stack trace is below. We think it is still a
client-side problem, although the client does complain if it is not
connected to the server and doesn't throw this exception.

Please let us know if we should change anything about our client
generation procedure, or how we can use the test client jar that is also
generated by the WSDL2Java tool.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Greetings,

-- Sebastian

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Data binding error
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:287)
	at
org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceStub.predictLocalization(TextLocServiceStub.java:133)
	at org.apache.axis2.runLoc.main(runLoc.java:26)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Data binding
error; nested exception is:
	java.lang.RuntimeException: Data binding error
	at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:318)
	at
org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.invokeBusinessLogic(TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:66)
	at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.java:37)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:454)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:284)
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:136)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
	at
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Data binding error
	at
org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.fromOM(TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:158)
	at
org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.invokeBusinessLogic(TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:50)
	... 20 more
	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cur$CurLoadContext.attr(Cur.java:3041)
	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cur$CurLoadContext.attr(Cur.java:3058)
	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.doNamespaces(Locale.java:900)
	at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.loadXMLStreamReader(Locale.java:1135)
	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:843)
	at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:826)
	at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:231)
	at
axis2.apache.org.xsd.PredictLocalizationRequestDocument$Factory.parse(PredictLocalizationRequestDocument.java:153)
	at
org.apache.axis2.TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.fromOM(TextLocServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java:137)
	... 21 more

	at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.<init>(AxisFault.java:159)
	... 3 more

--------------080405050007010700050803

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:ns1="http://org.apache.axis2/xsd"
xmlns:tns="http://www-bs.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/compas"
     targetNamespace="http://www-bs.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/compas">
     <wsdl:types>
             xmlns:ns1="http://org.apache.axis2/xsd"
targetNamespace="http://org.apache.axis2/xsd"
             elementFormDefault="unqualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
             <xs:element name="predictLocalizationRequest">
                 <xs:complexType>
                     <xs:sequence>
                         <xs:element type="xs:string" name="sequence"/>
                         <xs:element type="xs:string" name="organism"/>

                     </xs:sequence>
                 </xs:complexType>
             </xs:element>
             <xs:element name="predictLocalizationResponse">
                 <xs:complexType>
                     <xs:sequence>
                     	<xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="10"
type="xs:string" name="subcellularLocalization"/>
                     	<xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="10"
type="xs:decimal" name="probabilityScore" />
                     </xs:sequence>
                 </xs:complexType>
             </xs:element>
         </xs:schema>
     </wsdl:types>
     <wsdl:message name="predictLocalizationResponseMessage">
         <wsdl:part name="part1" element="ns1:predictLocalizationResponse"/>
     </wsdl:message>
     <wsdl:message name="predictLocalizationRequestMessage">
         <wsdl:part name="part1" element="ns1:predictLocalizationRequest"/>
     </wsdl:message>
     <wsdl:portType name="TextLocServicePort">
         <wsdl:operation name="predictLocalization">
             <wsdl:input message="tns:predictLocalizationRequestMessage"/>
             <wsdl:output message="tns:predictLocalizationResponseMessage"/>
         </wsdl:operation>
     </wsdl:portType>
     <wsdl:binding name="TextLocServiceBinding" type="tns:TextLocServicePort">
         <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document"/>
         <wsdl:operation name="predictLocalization">
             <soap:operation soapAction="predictLocalization" style="document"/>
             <wsdl:input>
                 <soap:body use="literal"
namespace="http://www-bs.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/compas"/>
             </wsdl:input>
             <wsdl:output>
                 <soap:body use="literal"
namespace="http://www-bs.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/compas"/>
             </wsdl:output>
         </wsdl:operation>
     </wsdl:binding>
     <wsdl:service name="TextLocService">
         <wsdl:port name="TextLocServicePortType0"
binding="tns:TextLocServiceBinding">
             <soap:address

location="http://localhost/axis2/services/TextLocService:localhost/axis2/services/TextLocService"
             />
         </wsdl:port>
     </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

Re: [Axis2 1.0] Data binding Error after WSDL2Java code generation

Posted by Wolfgang Schuller <wo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

You need to run generated build.xml file or specific target ant jar-client,
it will create jar file for which includes all the databinding code as well
supported classes.  Just make sure if that jar is in your client classpath
along with other axis2 and xmlbean libraries.

Hope this helps,
schuller

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
This WSDL looks fine.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian,

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
There is already is a jira for this error, judging by the stack trace:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-649

I started digging deeper last weekend - I updated the issue - but I'm a bit
swamped at the moment to go any further for now.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.