Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/30 09:42:11 UTC

Thin clients connections management.

Hi Igniters,

Ignite has JDBC thin driver and ODBC driver to allow third party
application be connected w\o needed to start client node.
For now we have no ability neither to monitor this connections nor manage.

I've created a ticket for this issue [1] and suggest to expose information
about connections and some management methods via JXM as first step.
I've attached a prototype as a PR to ticket that looks workable, but there
are unclear things that have to be discussed.

1. We have cluster node UUID to distinct client nodes, but thin clients
(Jdbc thin or ODBC) has only remoteAddress (ip and port) for that.
Unique session id can be useful for logging and to control certain client
session.
Let we introduce UUID's for thin client`s sessions as well.

2. Connection information.
UUID, remoteAddress (client host:port) and localAddress (server host:port)
can be exposed via JDBC in connections list.
Anything else?

3. Management methods.
As we'll have an UUID (or analogue) per client session then it will be
possible to control individual sessions.
Drop all clients and drop certain client looks like helpful.
Does anyone has ideas what else methods can be useful?

4. Also we have to discuss implement public Ignite API for this.
I'll create a separate ticket for this as we'll need to implement a top
level public component for ClientListenerProcessor.

Thoughts? Have I missed smth?

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Thin clients connections management.

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Andrey, your suggestions look good to me. Let maintainer review your patch.

--Yakov