Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Geoffrey Phillipps <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2014/01/24 11:36:24 UTC

Failure to istall in OSX 10.9.1

I have had a the following warning message on my Mac Air for about 1 month now, which I cannot get rid of. The warning window says:

The last time you opened OpenOffice, it was force quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?

and offers click buttons to either “DON’T REOPEN” or “REOPEN” .. neither of which works.

I did manage to delete the OpenOffice app using ‘Clean My Mac'

THEN

I downloaded the latest available version of OpenOffice on to my Mac Air running OSX 10.9.1 to reinstall OpenOffice

Initially It wouldn’t install. I got the following message:

“OpenOffice” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
“OpenOffice” is on the disk image “Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 11:05 from sourceforge.net.

I followed Apple instructions and used ‘Open’ with the control key held down which does indeed override the warning and open the program.

HOWEVER

I immediately got the same old message:

The last time you opened OpenOffice, it was force quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?

I seem to be back where I started. Any suggestions to overcome this problem would be appreciated.

For complete information. I do run Microsoft Windows XP occasionally using ‘Parallels' software to open it in a window on the Mac

regards
Geoff