Posted to scm@geronimo.apache.org by Sandip Ghayal <sg...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/17 21:58:27 UTC

Request for addition to source control mailing list

Hi,

Can you please add me to source control mailing list
so that I can get updates on the source code
modifications being checked in

Thanks,

Sandip

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Mark wrote:
> Stupid me: hotmail was filtering the scm@geronimo.apache.org and placing
> them in the junk email folder.  Thunderbird wasn't downloading them for me.
>
> Would somebody mind updating the Wiki with a reminder to subscribers
> that they will need to update any email filter rules to permit mails
> from the following adress to pass through:
>
> scm@geronimo.apache.org
> user@geronimo.apache.org
> dev@geronimo.apache.org

You would do it! Feel free to add the info. Just register to Wiki and
start writing...

> Mark

Jacek

Re: Request for addition to source control mailing list

Posted by Mark <de...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
On Jan 17, 2005, at 10:03 PM, Mark wrote:

> Apologies, if this isn't the correct forum, but should subscribers to
> the scm mailing list be receiving emails when files get committed to
> the repo?

yes.
>   I have been subscribed but I have not received any messages, so I
> was wondering what type of emails are expected from this mailing list.
>  This is what the web site says:
>
> "This list receives notifications (with diffs) every time a change is
> committed to the Geronimo source tree. It also receives change notices
> for changes to the Geronimo Wiki."
>
> But this is not what I am experiencing.

I committed some files yesterday around 3 pm PST, Geir committed
something this morning (jan 17), and I got mail from both. I have no
idea what might be causing the problem for you.

david jencks

Posted by Sandip Ghayal <sg...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mark,

The reason could be because you must have sent mail to
scm@geronimo.apache.org as mentioned in Wiki,

Send mail to scm-subscribe@geronimo.apache.org.

I had the same issue and I am not subscribed to the
e-mail address I mentioned and my subscription went
thru

(can some one modify wiki page to reflect this)

Thanks,

Sandip

Posted by Mark <de...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by si...@insession.com.