Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Peter Lenahan <pl...@optonline.net> on 2007/01/24 19:25:50 UTC

Minor Javascript error when english search.html page loads.

>From Nutch ID: PeterLenahanWork

Although I am a developer with more than 25 years of experience,
I am new to Lucene and Nutch, so I am acting as a Dumb QA person at the beginning I guess.

I downloaded Nutch and I was immediately hit with a few simple problems.
Please tell me if this is the incorrect place to send the problems/solutions.
I don't yet feel that I should be checking in the source code for this project.

A JavaScript error appeared immediately on the en/search.html page.

Here is how to fix it.
Change the onload function very slightly, and add an ID to the input tag
function queryfocus() {
   // search = document.search;
   // if (search != null) { search.query.focus(); }
   var searchquery=document.getElementById("searchquery")
   if (searchquery != null) { searchquery.focus(); }
} ...
<input name="query" id="searchquery" size="44">