Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2010/06/19 10:38:22 UTC

Re: [SPAM] RE: Application stops responding, jk worker in error state

On 19.06.2010 03:46, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Rainer:
>
>> Hmmm, errno 11 is often EAGAIN. What platform are you using
>> (OS, version)?
>
> I am using CentOS 5.5 freshly installed, not an upgrade.
> I tried that as a fix to this problem.  I wiped the server
> clean and reinstalled everything from scratch.  It was on
> CentOS 5.4 before and I had the same behavior.
>
>>> What is really strange is the JK Status page says -48
>> connections.  It seems
>>> like that number should always be positive or zero but not negative.
>>
>> That should be unrelated (and yes: it's not OK).
>
> It seems to me if jk is confused about the number of
> backend connections, it may not be connecting correctly
> to Tomcat.  That seems like it would cause the behavior
> I am experiencing.

No, the total number of connections is shown only for convenience
(monitoring etc.). The real process pool is local for each Apache
process. there seems to be something wrong when tracking the total
number via shared memory but that shouldn't influence in any way the
usual functionality. It has only been added very recently.

What *is* a problem is EAGAIN while reading from the socket. We don't
expect that and handle it as an error, though strictly speaking it is
only a temporary error condition. i'll see whether I can provide a patch.

would you mind opening an issua in Bugzilla, attaching your log snippet
and possibly your workers.properties (the property dump from the status
worker is a little harder to digest, because it also shows all the
defaults).

You can also open a second issue concering the obvisouly wrong
connection count shown in the status worker.

Thanks and sory for the trouble

Rainer

RE: Application stops responding, jk worker in error state

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Rainer:

> would you mind opening an issua in Bugzilla, attaching your
> log snippet
> and possibly your workers.properties

I created bug 49468 in bugzilla, included my log snippet and
attached the workers.properties file.

> You can also open a second issue concering the obvisouly wrong
> connection count shown in the status worker.

I created bug 49469 in bugzilla and attached my screenshot
showing the negative number of connections.

> Thanks and sory for the trouble

Thank you for being so responsive!

I hope we are able to fix the lock-up problem soon since this
is a production system.  I sincerely appreciate your help.

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
FREE trial: Tomcat 6 virtual server with unmetered bandwidth