Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by ashili <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/21 19:28:54 UTC

Is accumulo supported on centos (6.x)

I see from downloads accumulo is supported on debian.
From following readme link, I see accumulo is supported on linux
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=accumulo.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=419aacc45279a3cd6b3b5bf61baf486f082a450a

My question: are accumulo binaries available for centos? or should I build it from the source/git?
I am trying to integrate  accumulo with cloudera demo VM (centos, X64);

RE: Is accumulo supported on centos (6.x)

Posted by "Ott, Charles H." <CH...@leidos.com>.
I only use CentOS with Accumulo and CDH.  Haven't had any issues.

Also, if you look back at Sean Busbey's email from Friday, 12/20...
Cloudera now has a beta for Cloudera Manager which allows you to install
Accumulo 1.4.? on CDH 4u3.  They are planning to adopt Accumulo 1.5 in
the next few months as well.

Posted by ashili <ka...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@cloudera.com>.
Which version of the Cloudera Quickstart VM are you running?

To install a 1.4.4 Accumulo RPM, you will indeed have to build it from
source. 1.5.0 RPMs are available as downloads on the site, like Josh said.

Thanks,
Mike