Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch> on 2010/04/09 09:21:04 UTC

Example for singleton sessionbean in EJB 3.0 (without @Singleton)

Hi *,

i would like cache some data in the container same for all users
(current date etc.).
I implemented it with ejb 3.1 @Singleton annotation. All works fine. But:

i have to guarantee portability of my app. But jboss is not supporting
EJB 3.1 these days.
It's not an option to use their M2. So i decided to use the single
sessionbean in pool
configuration described in the openejb-wiki : singleton page.

But i don't know how to configure the poolsize for a bean. Can anyone
help me out here?

Thanks
Per

Re: Example for singleton sessionbean in EJB 3.0 (without @Singleton)

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
Really only for all beans?

I think i remember a way of extend the bean type configuration "Default
stateless container".
If the pool-size configuration is bound to this and there is a way for
extend and assign
(to the singleton bean) it, then it could be configured only for beans
related to the extended
container.

What do you think?

But i don't know exactly how this could be implemented.

Cheers

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Only available at container level (ie. for all beans)!
Jean-Louis

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi,

The poolSize of the stateless container can be set in the openejb.xml file.
But, AFAIK it is available only at container level (for all beans).

Need to check ...

Jean-Louis