Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/28 00:30:02 UTC

model hierarchy cleanup in 2.0

we have way too many base classes that arent really useful.

we can remove AbstractModel and AbstractDetachableModel as they serve very
little purpose. especially ADM which introduces a bunch of garbage like
onattach/ondetach/isattached/ongetobject/onsetobject blah blah.

so the vote is to remove those two.

-igor

Re: model hierarchy cleanup in 2.0

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@knopp.sk>.
+1

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
just checked it in

On 1/29/07, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
> (both in 1.3 and 2.0?)

2.0 only - dont people read subjects anymore! :)

but isn't AbstractModel kind of usefull?
> Thats just one basic impl with methods you mostly don't need when making a
> quick anon inner class

so extend Model instead of AbstractModel :) same thing.

-igor

johan

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
+1
(both in 1.3 and 2.0?)

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.
0

I go with the majority on this

Juergen

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Frank

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Vote for Wicket at the http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket
Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!

Re: model hierarchy cleanup in 2.0

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
+1

and yes i know its missing VOTE in subject :(

-igor