Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Leangen <os...@leangen.net> on 2019/12/14 09:46:26 UTC

[Converter] Questions about the Converter

Hi!

After a very long hiatus, I want to update the Converter and related projects (namely Serializer and Schematizer) in my system. I have a few questions.

First, upon searching Maven, it looks like the newest release of the OSGi Converter is 1.0.1, but the current SNAPSHOT version is 1.0.13-SNAPSHOT, so my guess is that 1.0.12 has been released somewhere. Where can I find that release?

By the way, why is there such a gap with the OSGi version? (Ok, perhaps not the right place to ask the question, but I’ll take whatever answer I can get.)

Second, what would I need to do to release the serializer and schematizer? I should still have committer status (unless it gets revoked due to inactivity?) but I have never done this before, and I’m not sure of the felix conventions and processes.

Thanks!
=David

Re: [Converter] Questions about the Converter

Posted by David Leangen <os...@leangen.net>.
Please ignore my message. I am moving to a new thread.

Thanks!
=David

Posted by David Leangen <os...@leangen.net>.
Thank you Ray!

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

Posted by David Leangen <os...@leangen.net>.
> After a very long hiatus, I want to update the Converter and related projects (namely Serializer and Schematizer) in my system. I have a few questions.
>
> First, upon searching Maven, it looks like the newest release of the OSGi Converter is 1.0.1, but the current SNAPSHOT version is 1.0.13-SNAPSHOT, so my guess is that 1.0.12 has been released somewhere. Where can I find that release?

Sorry, this sentence was poorly written and unclear. Also I confirmed that the Felix Converter is released to Maven Central.

I meant that there is an “OSGi release” released as org.osgi:org.osgi.util.converter, and there is also a "Felix release" released as org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.converter.