Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jo...@mail.sprint.com on 2001/03/09 18:48:05 UTC

basedir property and ant task

When you call another build.xml file in another directory from your
main one, what is the value of the "basedir" property in the child?  My
intuition says it should be the directory in which the child build.xml
lives, but in practice I'm seeing something different.  I'm using Ant
1.3, and when I access this property, I see that the basedir property
is set to the directory of the parent build.xml file...is this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
John Casey

Re: basedir property and ant task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
John D. Casey <Jo...@mail.sprint.com> wrote:

> When you call another build.xml file in another directory from your
> main one, what is the value of the "basedir" property in the child?

The dir attribute of your ant task - if set. Otherwise the parent
project's basedir.

This is from reading the source, not necessarily what one would
expect.

Stefan