Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID> on 2021/10/25 02:39:43 UTC

Remove deprecated tlsEnabled config from broker and functions worker

Hi all,

I’ve opened a PR to remove `tlsEnabled` config:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/12473 <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/12473>

For built-in admin or client used for replication or system topic, we have
isBrokerClientTlsEnabled config to determine whether to connect the TLS endpoint.
`tlsEnabled` is used to check whether the broker exposes the TLS service or
web service, but it's meaningless even it's true, if `webServicePortTls` is
not configured, `tlsEnabled` will tell a false state.

You can see more details in that PR (#12473).

I've opened that PR because when I read the source code, `tlsEnabled` makes me
confused. Then I searched for the references and found this config is meaningless.

Please share your points if there're some compatibility issues I've missed.

Thanks,
Yunze