Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/02 09:03:37 UTC

ws-commons Was: [ATTN: Release Managers] 3 binding +1's for a Release from PMC folks

On 6/1/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/2/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There was a Jakarta Commons Utils many eons ago, but we threw the name
> > out and split it up into Lang, IO, Codec and others. They grew. :)
>
> I have no problem with splitting them when I find *that* there is
> something growing. Within the last year, I didn't have that
> impression.

Yeah, there was also [http] and [servlet] which didn't grow and were
lost in the ether of the sandbox.

For Jakarta, the split had an easy metaphor in that each new component
was (at first) a match for a J2SE package. I don't know if WS has
anything of that sort. Things did explode activity-wise after Util was
split up, but I'm not wanting to imply that that would happen again.

I've only just joined the list, thought I'd hang out here a bit. Does
ws-commons have its own mailng list, or does it do its dev stuff here?
The site doesn't seem to show the utils component.

Hen

Re: ws-commons Was: [ATTN: Release Managers] 3 binding +1's for a Release from PMC folks

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Hen,

commons-dev@ws.apache.org

-- dims