Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Gláucia Esppenchutz <gl...@apache.org> on 2023/06/18 19:22:08 UTC

Community Over Code Presentation

Hi everyone,

My name is Glaucia and I am a committer at Incubator Apache Wayang.
I was thinking on submitting a presentation for the Community Over Code
event about how we can improve events, webpage layouts and etc to be more
inclusive and accessible for people with disabilities and neuro
divergencies in general.
As an autistic person, I was also thinking about bringing the
accommodations topic for tech events.

However, before submitting anything, I would like to ask the community if
you think it is a good idea and also collect insights if any.

Thank you so much in advance!
Glaucia

Re: Community Over Code Presentation

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Gláucia Esppenchutz wrote on 6/18/23 3:22 PM:
> Hi everyone,

Welcome Gláucia!

> My name is Glaucia and I am a committer at Incubator Apache Wayang.
> I was thinking on submitting a presentation for the Community Over Code
> event about how we can improve events, webpage layouts and etc to be more
> inclusive and accessible for people with disabilities and neuro
> divergencies in general.
> As an autistic person, I was also thinking about bringing the
> accommodations topic for tech events.
>
> However, before submitting anything, I would like to ask the community if
> you think it is a good idea and also collect insights if any.

Yes, this would be a great topic to cover.  Since ASF projects are run
all by volunteers, it's often hard to find the time to ensure our
websites and other materials are truly accessible.  So having some clear
pointers and a session at our conference would definitely be appreciated.

The CPF is at this link - please remember the CFP closes promptly before
13 July, so make sure to get your submission in well before then.

   https://communityovercode.org/call-for-presentations/

Thanks!  I hope to get to see your talk at the conference.

--
- Shane
   ASF Member