Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by k p <kp...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/09 08:29:07 UTC

Eclipse-Plugin - Client side fails with log4j

I setup Eclipse plugin to run the
TestSampleServlet.java

When I run it as Cactus Test, war is created, tomcat
is launched and war is deployed in tomcat.

However it then errors out as follows
(org.apache.cactus.client.initialization.ClientInitializer).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
properly.

on running the client

Since cactus uses common-loggins and I'm using jdk
1.4, I tried commenting out the copy of
log_client.properties  at
cactus.test target in build-share.xml. However I'm
still getting the same errror as above.

My Eclipse project dir is

TestCactus   -- Projrect root

   Web

      WEB-INF

            src
               |SampleServlet.java
                TestSampleServlet.java

Deployed war dir structure under webapp in tomcat is
TestCactus

      WEB-INF

          classes

                SampleServlet.class
                TestSampleServlet.class
          lib - all client and common jars

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kumar

http://search.yahoo.com

RE: Eclipse-Plugin - Client side fails with log4j

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Eclipse
> Plugin includes the log4j.jar, so you'd have to remove that. (I don't
> know the details of how the Eclipse plugin is structured, so I may be
> wrong).

Other solution is to force commons-logging to use JDK 1.4 logging. See
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/apidocs/index.html

-Vincent

[snip]

Re: Eclipse-Plugin - Client side fails with log4j

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi Kumar,