Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mark Harris <ma...@uk.easynet.net> on 2005/04/26 16:44:16 UTC

SAXException: No deserializer

Hello,

I'm writing a web service which includes a SOAP interface on an Orion
server. This interface has 2 calls, both read-only. They both return an
instance of the same object, a custom Java class. One of the instance
variables in this class is a java.util.List.

It all works well if I just add Strings to the java.util.List - the data
gets returned correctly. However, problems arise if I add objects to the
List whose type is of a 2nd custom class I've created, rather than Strings.
When I try and get data out, I get errors of the type "No deserializer for
{urn:MyUrn}MyClass", where MyClass is the name of the 2nd custom class I've
created.

Both custom classes implement java.io.Serializable and I've added a
reference to MyClass in the server-config.wsdd file but am unsure as to how
to progress further with this error.

Thanks,

Mark