Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/15 19:24:24 UTC

Logging

I am using tomcat 6. And I have enabled log4j by placing log4j.xml and
log4j.jar files in classpath. It did change to log4j but I see that
some debug messages are put in log files and some are not. I was
looking around and found the following:

# Set juli LogManager if it is present
if [ -r "$CATALINA_BASE"/conf/logging.properties ]; then
  JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager"
  LOGGING_CONFIG="-Djava.util.logging.config.file=$CATALINA_BASE/conf/logging.properties"
fi

Does this have any impact. I have logging.properties in conf, does it
change behaviour in any way. Should I be getting rid of this file. I
still don't understand why some debugs are printed and some are not.

Re: Logging

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
Actually I have log4j already working. What's the use of trunk?

My question was why some debug messages get logged and some don't.

Re: Logging

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
How do I download software from trubk (below). Do I have to install svn first?

Re: Logging

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: Logging

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.