Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by dcausevic <dz...@bstelecom.ba> on 2010/07/16 10:09:10 UTC

Axis dies after I add support for ActiveMQ JMS Broker

I am running axis2 version 1.5.1 on my ubuntu 9.04 box. I have a service that
needs to connect to ActiveMQ message broker which is also running on the
same box. I read instructions on how to do this at
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/jms-transport.html but when I add recommened
code to my $AXIS2_HOME/conf/axis2.xml my axis2 engine dies every time I
start it up. It starts up and then it dies. I added following libraries
activeio-core-3.1.2.jar, activemq-core-4.0-M3.jar,
geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.1.jar to $AXIS2_HOME/lib as they
recommended but obviously I am still missing some libraries. Is there any
way I can read the axis log file to see exactly what the error is and why it
dies?
Anyone help with this please...

Dzenan

Below is the code I added to $AXIS2_HOME/conf/axis2.xml to enable JMS:

<transportReceiver name="jms"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSListener">
      <parameter name="default" locked="false">
        <parameter name="java.naming.factory.initial"
locked="false">org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory</parameter>
        <parameter name="java.naming.provider.url"
locked="false">tcp://localhost:61616</parameter>
        <parameter name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName"
locked="false">QueueConnectionFactory</parameter>
      </parameter>
    </transportReceiver>

    <transportSender name="jms"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSSender"/>

Re: Axis dies after I add support for ActiveMQ JMS Broker

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
http://ws.apache.org/commons/transport/download.cgi

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
that class is located in the core jar axis2-1.5.jar

more specifically did you configure jms in the axis2.xml axis configuration file??

    <!--Uncomment this and configure as appropriate for JMS transport support, after setting up your JMS environment (e.g. ActiveMQ) -->
    <transportReceiver name="jms" class="org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSListener">
        <parameter name="myTopicConnectionFactory">
         <parameter name="java.naming.factory.initial">org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory</parameter>
         <parameter name="java.naming.provider.url">tcp://localhost:61616</parameter>
         <parameter name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName">TopicConnectionFactory</parameter>
        </parameter>

        <parameter name="myQueueConnectionFactory">
         <parameter name="java.naming.factory.initial">org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory</parameter>
         <parameter name="java.naming.provider.url">tcp://localhost:61616</parameter>
         <parameter name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName">QueueConnectionFactory</parameter>
        </parameter>

        <parameter name="default">
         <parameter name="java.naming.factory.initial">org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory</parameter>
         <parameter name="java.naming.provider.url">tcp://localhost:61616</parameter>
         <parameter name="transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName">QueueConnectionFactory</parameter>
        </parameter>
    </transportReceiver>-->
 <transportSender name="jms">
                     <class="org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSSender"/>

</transportSender>

Martin Gainty

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
The documentation applies to Axis2 1.2 and is completely outdated.
Please have a look at the following page for recent documentation
about the JMS transport:

http://ws.apache.org/commons/transport/

Andreas