Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by GC...@aol.com on 2005/01/22 21:59:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache news letter being blocked by AOL Spam filter

Who has he power to register the Apache organisation as a "genuine non  spam
sender"?

Ezmlm has mailed because a digest has been blocked as spam. This  generally
happens if a URL is 'noted as a spam sender' by a number of AOL  members -
perhaps ones who used to subscribe and are no longer  interested?

If the  URL  http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html
is followed it states  how the digest can be put back in the good books!

users-digest-help@httpd.apache.org writes:

Hi! This is  the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
users-digest@httpd.apache.org mailing  list.

Messages to you from the users-digest mailing list seem  to
have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first  bounce
message I  received.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache news letter being blocked by AOL Spam filter

Posted by "Anthony G. Atkielski" <an...@atkielski.com>.
GCotgreave@aol.com writes:

> Who has he power to register the Apache organisation as a "genuine non  spam
> sender"?

AOL, but from what I've seen of AOL's e-mail handling, they are too
incompetent to distinguish between spammers and legitimate e-mail
senders, and they are completely intransigent.

The best thing to do is to switch to a different ISP.  You can be sure
that AOL is blocking a lot of other legitimate e-mail besides an Apache
newsletter.  Of course, if you're on AOL, you never find out exactly
what AOL has thrown away.

--
Anthony