Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by 陶 京瑞 <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/20 09:34:07 UTC

concurrency problem

hi,

  I hold a question for a long time. I wonder if there are several persons
use the same username login the slide, and do something(such as
put,get,lock and unlock) in the same time. can slide handle this issue? if
so how many persons can use the same username login the slide concurrently?

  I think someone may have met the same questions before, who can help
me?thank you.

Jingrui

Re: Java file manipulaiton library for file store implementation

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Kranga,

the copy and move stuff is already implemented in Apache Ant.
However, when I tried to use it, I realized there is no simple
copy(source, target) method. You need to work with a whole bunch
of their classes. Maybe it's not as complicated as one could
think from the first sight...

Regards,

Andreas

Re: concurrency problem

Posted by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org>.
I have been able to move a file while locking it - its not fool proof. The
lock seems to succeed even after the file is moved. I reproduced the error
by putting tomcat in debug, waiting to get upto a point in the move
operation and then executing a lock on another thread through the command
line client.

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.