Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christian Gruber <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2017/08/09 06:51:55 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_dav LOCK issues

Hi,

I have configured WebDAV with Apache2 on a Ubuntu machine using the mods
dav, dav_fs and dav_lock.

Connecting to WebDAV folders works fine, from both Windows and Linux
clients. Even writing, modifying and deleting documents is possible.

Then only problem is when I try to save documents from Microsoft Word
2016 into a WebDAV folder. Word first creates the file on the server, but then following
error appears:

"There has been a network or file permission error. The network
connection may be lost"

Apache error.log:

Could not DELETE /pinakos/admin/66AEE86C.tmp due to a failed
precondition (e.g. locks).  [423, #0]
This resource is locked and an "If:" header was not supplied to allow
access to the resource.  [423, #0]
Could not MOVE /pinakos/admin/6A71E678.tmp due to a failed precondition
on the source (e.g. locks).  [424, #0]
An error occurred on another resource, preventing the requested
operation on this resource.  [424, #0]
Could not DELETE /pinakos/admin/6A71E678.tmp due to a failed
precondition (e.g. locks).  [423, #0]
This resource is locked and an "If:" header was not supplied to allow
access to the resource.  [423, #0]

Virtual host (excerpt):

Alias /pinakos/admin /var/www/webdav/pinakos/admin
<Directory /var/www/webdav/pinakos/admin>
     DAV On
     AuthType Digest
     AuthName "webdav"
     AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/users.password
     Require valid-user
</Directory>
<Location /pinakos/admin>
     Require user admin
</Location>

www-data has rw permissions for /var/www as well for the DavLock file.

Best regards,

Christian