Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Alexandr Liahushevich <al...@exadel.com> on 2008/06/10 18:49:00 UTC

JCI project's usage

Hello,

does anybody know about what means "in memory" compilation? I suppose it
means we can compile classes in memory(without output them) and used these
classes directly from classpath. But I can't find implementation for this
functionality. Maybe it's not supported yet?

"All the currently supported compilers (even javac before java6) feature
in-memory compilation."

Thanks in advance,

Alexandr Liahushevich,

Exadel Inc.

e-mail: ALiahushevich@exadel.com

www.exadel.com

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER

This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that

is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the

intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any

dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication

is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this
message and destroy any printed copies.

Re: JCI project's usage

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On Jun 10, 2008, at 09:49, Alexandr Liahushevich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anybody know about what means "in memory" compilation?

Hey Alexandr

> I suppose it
> means we can compile classes in memory(without output them) and used
> these
> classes directly from classpath.

Exactly.

> But I can't find implementation for this
> functionality. Maybe it's not supported yet?

No ...it has been there since day 1. Have you had a look into the
examples yet?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/jci/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/jci/examples/

The JSP implementation basically reads the JSP page, creates the java
source in memory and passes that on to the compiler. The JSP servlet
compiles it and stores them in a MemoryResourceStore. So the only disk
access is the reading of the JSP page.

If you need further help I am happy to walk you through.

cheers
--
Torsten

PS: Please do not cross-post to multiple lists.