Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Christian Kreutz <sc...@gmx.de> on 2004/02/14 01:25:08 UTC

Overview page: xinclude/xpointer namespace problem

Hello list,

I am struggling for a while with a problem about xpointer
and namespace, especially xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
With this namespace included in the standard xhtml document
xpointer does not work.

Let's say I want to include the second header <h2> of certain pages to
put it on the startpage as a latest article title.
This works fine only when I delete the above namespace and use
this line:
<xi:include href="foo/index_de.xml#xpointer(//h2)"/>

To get around the namespace I tried
<xi:include
href="foo/index_de.xml#xmlns(tt:http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml)xpointer(//
tt:h2)">
which doesn't work.

Last but not least I found out that this gives the whole content of the
xhtml document even though the namespace is in the xhtml file:
<xi:include href="foo/index_de.xml"/>

I looked a long time around in certain mailing lists but unfortunately I
could not
find a solution. Only information I found is that there are generally
problems
identified with namespaces and xpointer and this bug in coccon devel:
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2003-May/013622.htm

The node <dc:description> indicates a field for overview pages, so I
hope
somebody on the list could help me out here. :-)
Especially because the same problem occurs also for the director
generator
for reading out directories or files for an overview page.

Cheers

Christian