Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Derivas, Eduardo V" <ed...@boeing.com> on 2002/11/13 21:22:43 UTC

[users@httpd] path problem?

Here is the link for my Solaris 6 server, sw16, with a simple test script
that just dumps out the ENV variables

http://elib.ca. <http://elib.ca.3cows.com/myenv_sw16.cgi/ID>
3cows.com/myenv_sw16.cgi/ID

Note that there is a variable "PATH_INFO" with a value of "/ID"

Here is the link for SW18, without the "/ID", which works

http://sw18.iasl.ca. <http://sw18.iasl.ca.3cows.com/myenv_561.cgi>
3cows.com/myenv_561.cgi

If you add a query string to it, it works OK

 <http://sw18.iasl.ca.3cows.com/myenv_561.cgi?ID=2>
http://sw18.iasl.ca.3cows.com/myenv_561.cgi?ID=2

but if

http://elib.ca. <http://elib.ca.3cows.com/myenv_sw18.cgi/ID>
3cows.com/myenv_sw18.cgi/ID

is attempted it does not work. On sw16 I am running apache 1.3.6 and on sw18
I am running apache 1.3.26 on Solaris 8. I compared configuration files and
I could not find anything that will stick out on the httpd.conf file
regarding this problem. Please let me know what I need to do to get this to
work.

Eduardo V deRivas