Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2014/06/28 22:37:49 UTC

App Catalog Conceptual overview

Hi All,

I am trying to describe app catalog from a high level conceptual perspective. A full E-R diagram explains in better, but I just want to provide a 5 minute overview of how Airavata manages applications without going into details. I tried to use this [1] paper as a reference to represent.

I have started on a document describing the relations between various models, but since this is important enough for all of us to embrace, I want to try an experiment. Please look at the document [2] and reply back on what you are understanding. That way we had every one think through for a while, and I will keep answering questions/comments. Also critique as you go along.

Can any one take a first stab at describing the figure at - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Airavata+Application+Catalog

Suresh

[1] - http://torlone.dia.uniroma3.it/pubs/idea03.pdf
[2] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Airavata+Application+Catalog