Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mohammad Shadab Ali <Mo...@genpact.com> on 2013/05/27 11:01:03 UTC

Communication between two processes without using external messaging systems or files

Hi,

We have a requirement where we are having two processes. The output of one process will be the input for the second one. We do not want to use the external messaging systems like active MQ etc and also we do not want to use file component.
We want something like first process will dump the message in some internal queue(or something else) and the second process will be polling this queue for the messages.
Is there any component available in camel to achieve this requirement.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shadab

________________________________
*** This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.***

RE: Communication between two processes without using external messaging systems or files

Posted by Diether <di...@optis.be>.
I'm not sure if it is possible, but perhaps you can do it with a quartz poller doing an enrich from a direct endpoint.
Something like this (out of my head)

from("direct:processOne")
.to("direct:processTwo");

from("quartzPoller")
.pollEnrich("direct:processTwo")
.bean(otherProcessors...);

http://camel.apache.org/content-enricher.html
http://camel.apache.org/quartz.html

It's perhaps something to try.
Otherwise I also believe you'll have to use some external mechanism (jms, file, database).

________________________________
it really sounds like you really should be using ActiveMQ. You can run it embedded - collocated with your producing process - and you don't need to use persistence
see here how to set it up - http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html and here's an example with camel - http://camel.apache.org/walk-through-an-example.html

I know you don't want to use ActiveMQ - but the best way to do what you want is actually with ActiveMQ :)

thanks,

Rob

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Communication-between-two-processes-without-using-external-messaging-systems-or-files-tp5733248p5733251.html
To start a new topic under Camel - Users, email ml-node+s465427n465428h15@n5.nabble.com
NAML<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Communication between two processes without using external messaging systems or files

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi Shadab,

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
OK - understood in which case both Christian and Charles' suggestions are best -
look at http://camel.apache.org/direct.html - for the a good example of chaining routes together and SEDA - http://camel.apache.org/seda.html

thanks,

Rob

Posted by Mohammad Shadab Ali <Mo...@genpact.com>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Shabad,

If you don't want to use a JMS broker, then you should consider to use
camel seda component (http://camel.apache.org/seda.html) which uses an
internal queue (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/BlockingQueue.html)
for async exchange. For sync exchanges, then direct must be used (

--
Charles Moulliard

Re: Communication between two processes without using external messaging systems or files

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.