Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2004/02/26 21:42:42 UTC

FAQs (Was: abusing the whitelist)

Dan DeVoe said:
> If we had a FAQ, I would suggest this for one of the questions
> at this point. =)

Some other items for the FAQ:

1) http://wiki.spamassassin.org has replaced the FAQ. In case you aren't
familiar with what is a wiki, anyone can post or edit their answer to an
existing FAQ or add a new one. So you can not only suggest this for one of
the questions, you can go there and make it so if it isn't there already.

2) spamassassin-dev mailing list is for developers to discuss things that
we need to discuss to facilitate development. It may be on topic to bring
to our attention something that you are pretty sure is a bug but for some
reason you are not yet ready to enter in Bugzilla. It may be on topic to
run by us an idea you have about some code you want to contribute before
you actually enter it in Bugzilla as an enhancement suggestions and then
upload the code.

A suggestion as to what more we could do to get people to notice the wiki
before posting here would be on topic for this list :-)

3) spamassassin-users mailing list is where you can post questions about
problems and receive suggestions such as use of whitelist_from_rcvd,
advice about how and when to specify your trusted network addresses,
information about which versions of SpamAssassin have bugs determining
which Received header is the first trusted one preventing
whitelist_from_rcvd from working in some cases, and advice on workarounds
in those versions of SpamAssassin.

 -- sidney