Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/01/11 19:33:30 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Incubate Lucene Connector Framework

I believe this has passed.   Any pointers on next steps would be welcome, otherwise, I will go RTM.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Incubate Lucene Connector Framework

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I believe this has passed.   Any pointers on next steps would be welcome, otherwise, I will go RTM.

To get started, I've now requested a mailing lists for the project:

I also created the Jira project and the Confluence space:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS
    http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONNECTORS

Both still need some tweaking. I've granted also you full admin rights to both.

Once the project mailing lists are up we can discuss the details of
how to import the existing code and any documentation and/or issue
tracking data that may come with the code.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> I believe this has passed.   Any pointers on next steps would be welcome, otherwise, I will go RTM.

Here's a few pointers on what we did with Tika:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-3

The biggest issue is probably getting all the ICLAs for the new
committer accounts and the software grant for importing the initial
codebase.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I believe this has passed.   Any pointers on next steps would be welcome, otherwise, I will go RTM.

Please do step one, which is to add it to the
ReportingSchedule and "Projects in Incubation" table.

Clutch can then pick it up and start assisting
to track what remains to be done.

Clutch also tries to list the steps and point to the
relevant Incubator docs:
http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#steps

-David