Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Maarten Winkels <ma...@iwelcome.com> on 2013/11/13 11:27:04 UTC

Configure connection pool for a resource

Hi,

Connector instances can be pooled.
Can I configure the maximum number of instances in a pool?

Thanks!
-Maarten Winkels

Re: Configure connection pool for a resource

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 13/11/2013 11:27, Maarten Winkels wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Connector instances can be pooled.
> Can I configure the maximum number of instances in a pool?

Hi Maarten,
currently there is no support for configuring ConnId connector pooling:
connectors are instantiated in ConnectorFacadeProxy [1] (around line 126):

         connector =
ConnectorFacadeFactory.getInstance().newInstance(apiConfig);

where apiConfig - the object carrying pooling information - is just the
default configuration.

Pooling can be configured differently for each connector bundle - it is
actually an optional feature, so there could be bundles not supporting
it - so this information should become part of Syncope's ConnInstance
entities.

This sounds like a nice improvement: I've opened SYNCOPE-438 for this
purpose.

Regards.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/syncope/branches/1_1_X/core/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/core/propagation/impl/ConnectorFacadeProxy.java