Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Leon Hwang <hw...@mystrands.com> on 2007/08/31 02:23:30 UTC

[Axis2] SoapHeader and WSDL Creation

Does anyone know how to enforce clients to pass certain Soap Headers using WSDL?

What I mean is, in other words, I would like to create WSDL (Axis2 on-the-fly) that contains required Soap Headers.

In .NET, you can set attributes for functions and WSDL created contains the header information.

Thanks,

- Leon

Re: [Axis2] SoapHeader and WSDL Creation

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK Axis2 does not support this.  Can u create a Jira for this as a new
feature please. But if you have a WSDL 2.0 document that advertises soap
headers (The binding operation says that the request needs to contain
certain soap headers) then WSDL2Java generates clients that support this.
All you have to do is set its value as a parameter to the operation thats
needs the header. Same goes for HTTPHeaders which can be advertised in a
WSDL 2.0 document.

Thanks,
Keith.

On 8/31/07, Leon Hwang <hw...@mystrands.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to enforce clients to pass certain Soap Headers using
> WSDL?
>
> What I mean is, in other words, I would like to create WSDL (Axis2
> on-the-fly) that contains required Soap Headers.
>
> In .NET, you can set attributes for functions and WSDL created contains
> the header information.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Leon

Keith Chapman