Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hertenstein Alain <al...@gva.eri.ch> on 2003/09/01 18:24:13 UTC

Tomcat and IIS + Index Server -> possible ?

Hello,

Our configuration is as follows : Win2K, JDK 1.4.1, Tomcat 4.1.24 connected
with IIS using mod_jk. Index Server is AFAIK also installed.
We are thinking of adding a "Search site" button in our web application. The
"problem" is that we have content coming from numerous places in our JSP
pages : inside the pages (stored either as HTML or in Java String variables)
or in MS SQL Server tables.

We thought of using Index Server to do that, since it should normally handle
most of the work easily...
Is this possible in such configuration ? In other words, can Index Server
access text retrieved in any way by JSPs ?
Another issue is that there's no virtual directory configured in IIS other
than the "redirector" directory (pointing to the isapi_redirector2.dll
file). So I'n not sure IIS/Index Server can access JSPs at all anyway...

Has anyone already tried this before ? Or maybe is there another better way
to achieve this ?
Please let me know, thank you very much !
Alain

the system manager.