Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Naik Kaxil <k....@reply.com> on 2018/08/28 12:27:08 UTC

Python 3.6 Support for Airflow 1.10.0

Hi all,

@fokko – I remember that you had test Airflow on 3.6 . Can we include 3.6 in setup.py then ?

Regards,
Kaxil

Kaxil Naik

Data Reply
2nd Floor, Nova South
160 Victoria Street, Westminster
London SW1E 5LB - UK
phone: +44 (0)20 7730 6000
k.naik@reply.com<ma...@reply.com>
www.reply.com

[Data Reply]

Re: Python 3.6 Support for Airflow 1.10.0

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
Okay, a worrying (to me) number of people are still on Python 2.7 :(

AIP created anyway https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-3+Drop+support+for+Python+2

If you are adding support for a Py3 to your platform I'd skip 3.5 and go straight to 3.6/3.7

Let's not forget that supporting Python 2 is not free for us - both in terms of test time on Travis, and in terms of code complexity in having to use six/backports all over the place.

Posted by Sumit Maheshwari <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Feng Lu <fe...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arthur Wiedmer <ar...@gmail.com>.