Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Raminder Singh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/03 17:24:40 UTC

Rave documentation

Hi All,

We need to think about keeping the documentation according to rave versions. Restructuring and changing properties affect the documentation. Example is, we changed the initial data to JSON file but document still say initial_data.sql file. I can update the documentation but if someone is using the previous versions then the information is lost.

Is there a way we can archive the documentation with release and keep the website according to latest version?

Thanks
Raminder

Re: Rave documentation

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Sunday, March 3, 2013, Raminder Singh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We need to think about keeping the documentation according to rave
> versions. Restructuring and changing properties affect the documentation.
> Example is, we changed the initial data to JSON file but document still say
> initial_data.sql file. I can update the documentation but if someone is
> using the previous versions then the information is lost.
>
> Is there a way we can archive the documentation with release and keep the
> website according to latest version?

We can use directories like the events, though it would be nice to have a
base set that is overridden by the item in the release directory...  We
should be able to generate it as part of the build process and also include
the java docs.