Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/24 06:43:26 UTC

Re: Client and server nodes: Working if caches in replicated mode and near caches

Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list, so that community
receives email notifications? Just follow the instruction here:

vinaysharmahbd wrote
> 1)	Can I have a near cache in client cache node? Will this near cache have
> any data at all in it?
> 2)	If I start cache node embedded in my spring application then will this
> node also have to store all data for each replicated cache?
> 3)	Is it possible to have a near cache in cache node embedded in my spring
> app against a cache which is in replicated mode?

1). Yes, you can. You should use Ignite.createNearCache or
Ignite.getOrCreateCache method for this [1]. Near cache will store entries
that were most recently accessed from the current node. The number of stored
entries is defined by the eviction policy.
2). This is defined by server/client mode of the node [2]. Client node never
stores any data, neither for partitioned caches, nor for replicated caches.
By default it also don't run computations, services, etc.
3). Yes, this is possible. Just start an embedded client node and create a
near cache there.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/near-caches
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers

-Val

Re: Client and server nodes: Working if caches in replicated mode and near caches

Posted by vinaysharmahbd <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Val.