Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PG...@aol.com on 2005/04/11 16:20:06 UTC

war file producing jsp problems

Hi There,
i've build an app with jsp pages which use a bean and calls java  classes.
This works fine & dandy, outside of a war file.

However, i've  placed the app within a war file under webapps, removed  the
original directories etc & and restarted tomcat.

Now when i load my jsp page, the tag libs dont seem to work, ie i have the
following code in my jsp page:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="_http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core_
(http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core) "  %>
<jsp:useBean id="nc" class="hall.CheckStandAlone" scope="page"  />
<jsp:setProperty name="nc" property="phone"  value="${param['phone']}" />

using a war file it logs:
INFO Check - number:${param['phone']}

instead of logging:

INFO Check - number:01215554455

So, basically the same code works ok outisde of the war container, but  fails
within the  war container.  Inside the war container the jsp  page does not
seem to be able to interpret the ${param['phone']} to an actual  value.

Any suggestions on what is wrong here?  I am using Tomcat version  5.5.7,
java version 1.5

Re: war file producing jsp problems

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
How are you declaring your web.xml file. If you are declaring with the
servlet 2.3 DTD, you won't be able to use the ${} operators available in
the JSP 2 spec. Use the 2.4 schema instead.

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd”
version=”2.4”>

--David