Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today> on 2016/02/18 14:04:07 UTC

Procedure for Linux templates

Hello,

     Can i get a documentation for how to create Linux templates, and needed scripts ?

    I did like in this example : http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/4.8/templates.html#creating-a-template-from-an-existing-virtual-machine   but is not working for CentOS 6.7 or CentOS 7 ( after deploy from template template i don't have IP assigned on my network also password reset is not working )

   Thank you!

Regards,
Cristian

Re: Procedure for Linux templates

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
Hello,

   I did exactly like on CentOS 6.7 + disable Network Manager, but VM is not getting IP after deploy, i'm not sure if this is related to NIC name ( ifcfg-enoxxxxx )

    Yes, my system offering is basic DHCP also works for Windows and now for CentOS 6.7.

    ( Like in my last email the issue was solved for CentOS 6.7 )

     I hope in near future will be a marketplace for CS Templates.

Regards,
Cristian
On 18.02.2016 15:21:27, Ricardo Makino <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Cristian,

Regarding the password I had the same problema in CentOS 7, you will have
to stop and disable the NetworkManager. Because NetworkManager change the
path for dhcp lease file:

# systemctl stop NetworkManager
# systemctl disable NetworkManager

About the IP, your VM is configured to set the IP through DHCP? Or in your
network offer the DHCP is enabled?

Ricardo Makino

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Cristian Ciobanu

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
Hi Glenn,

      Thank you, my issue was caused by not removing unique id and other stuff from network configuration

Regards,
Cristian
On 18.02.2016 16:48:20, Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com> wrote:
Hi Cristian,

When you setup the networking in the linux template did you keep all the setting as DHCP and remove the unique id

Example your eth0 file should only look like this , nothing else

DEVICE=eth0
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

Also did you install the password script in the linux template
>From here
http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/4.8/templates/_password.html#adding-password-management-to-templates

1. Download the cloud-set-guest script (http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.2/bindir/cloud-set-guest-password.in)
2.Copy the file into the /etc/init.d directory
3. Make the script executable (chmod +x /etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password)
4. Then make the script run at boot (chkconfig --add cloud-set-guest-password)

Thanks
Glenn

[ShapeBlue] [http://www.shapeblue.com]
Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant ,  ShapeBlue
d:   | s: +27 21 527 0091 [tel:|%20s:%20+27%2021%20527%200091]  |  m:  +27 73 917 4111 [tel:+27%2073%20917%204111]
e:  glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | t:  [mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:]  |  w:  www.shapeblue.com [http://www.shapeblue.com]
a:  2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa
Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Cristian Ciobanu <cristian.c@istream.today

IaaS Cloud Design & Build [http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//] | CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework [http://shapeblue.com/csforge/]
CloudStack Consulting [http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/] | CloudStack Software Engineering [http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/]
CloudStack Infrastructure Support [http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/] | CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses [http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/]

RE: Procedure for Linux templates

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Cristian,

[cid:image51babf.png@c3fff836.4b815195]

Posted by Ricardo Makino <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hello Cristian,

Posted by Jeff Moody <je...@fifthecho.com>.
I have an Ansible Playbook at https://github.com/fifthecho/CloudStack-T
emplate which I use to bundle up templates. It works with EL and
Debian, I'm close to getting Ubuntu support 100% functional (for some
reason Ubuntu hangs on dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server, so I've found
an alternative method for making new SSH keys each time a new instance
is provisioned) and am working on adding a bunch of other distros/BSDs.

Posted by Patrick Miller <pa...@sungardas.com>.
If you are looking for a marketplace for templates, checkout
http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack it is  a nice collection of templates worth
checking out.
 Thanks to nux nux@li.nux.ro

centos
coreos
debian
freebsd
macchinina
openbsd
ubuntu

Hope this helps

Patrick Miller ▪ Senior Systems Engineer ▪ Sungard Availability Services
2481 Deerwood Dr, San Ramon, Ca 94583 ▪  Office: 925-831-7738
patrick.miller@sungardas.com <pa...@sungard.com> ▪
www.sungardas.com

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,

Posted by Jeff Moody <je...@fifthecho.com>.

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
Stephan,

Sorry, after VM restart SSH works.

Regards,
Cristian
On 19.02.2016 18:14:43, Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com> wrote:
Hey Cristian,

we will add distribution-dependent README.md next week.

If you'ld like to follow the same naming, just:

1. create a user "vmadmin"
2. optional: add vmadmin user to sudoers (maybe with NOPASSWD: )
3. copy the files
4. enable the init scripts. E.g. systemctl enable cloud... or
update-rc.d ... depends on the respective distro.

If you copied the files (some need executable rights,
e.g. /etc/init.d/... or /usr/local/sbin/...)

If you want to benefit from the rock-sold (hehe...) accessibility, just
create some kind of "admin-only" or "management" or similar network with
a network-address of 10.97.64.0 (doesn't matter if it's /24 or bigger,
though we're using a /22) and attach this network as the first one.

The whole magic is done via movedhcpdefaultroute script.

We're using the /root/newtemplate.sh if we modified our templates and
just want to create the next version of it.

As said, next week some documentation and suggestions will follow :)

cheers,

- Stephan

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
Hi Stephan,

    I just figured out how to do, i also created a template for CentOS 7 but i changed user from vmadmin to root also everything is ok except i'm not able to connect via ssh on VM ( i get time out ) but  if go via console on VM i have network connection and generated password works.

  Thank you ! ( very nice scripts )

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
Hey Cristian,

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.