Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gary Dixon <Ga...@quadris.co.uk.INVALID> on 2023/01/30 11:37:31 UTC

Override DNS IP addresses

HI everyone

CS 4.15.2
Hypervisor Ubuntu 20.04 KVM

The vast majority of our tenants in CS are windows Active directory domain based networks. This relies on the Domain Controllers being the DNS servers for the domain.
In each guest OS we statically assign IP address information and set the DNS server addresses to point to the IP address of the Domain Controllers
We see issues where the Zone defined DNS server IP  addresses (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) are being passed through to the guest Windows VM’s which then causes them to lose their domain trust because they cannot locate the domain controllers

Is there a way to override the global Zone DNS server IP addresses that are passed through to guest VM’s – can this be changed for each Tennant/Domain in the Cloud database ?

Best regards

Gary

Gary Dixon
Senior Technical Consultant
T:  +44 161 537 4990
E:  vms@quadris-support.com
W: www.quadris.co.uk
The information contained in this e-mail from Quadris may be confidential and privileged for the private use of the named recipient.  The contents of this e-mail may not necessarily represent the official views of Quadris.  If you have received this information in error you must not copy, distribute or take any action or reliance on its contents.  Please destroy any hard copies and delete this message.

RE: Override DNS IP addresses