Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com> on 2011/04/05 17:08:10 UTC

Mailet and snapshot dependencies?

Hi all

I'm trying to parameterize / add type safety to mailets (and after done
to server, ...). But most of them depend among themself (e.g.
mailet-standard depends on mailet-base depends on mailet (-api)). It's
quite hard to do so when only using released mailet-* dependencies.
Would it be ok when I use the james-*-SNAPSHOT dependencies to do so and
then also let them in pom.xml when committing? Or is it a problem or a
'don't do this'?

See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1220

Thanks and regards
Felix

Re: Mailet and snapshot dependencies?

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Felix,
Snapshots depending on snapshots, especially our own, doesn't hurt me at
all.
I don't see any problem to have that, until the release of course.
But that's just my 2 cents.
Tks,
- Eric