Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Doug Judd <do...@zvents.com> on 2007/10/12 22:49:14 UTC

JIRA 1700?

We're working on a Bigtable-like system written in C++ and would like it to
be runnable on top of Hadoop/HDFS before we release.  Without JIRA 1700,
we're unable to provide durable updates without hacking together some sort
of workaround.  This is really just a heads up to let you know that there is
more interest in seeing JIRA 1700 completed.  Thanks!

- Doug
  (doug at zvents dot com)

RE: JIRA 1700?

Posted by dhruba Borthakur <dh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Doug,

I have uploaded a first-draft of the design document for HDFS Append
(HADOOP-1700). Would appreciate any comments you might have. I am
especially interested in knowing whether the "Requirements" section of
the document covers your use-case for this feature.

Thanks,
dhruba

Re: JIRA 1700?

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <je...@gmail.com>.